And she got a kick out of ginger running all around us!
We decided to go up Preston, ID way instead of the Uintahs where we have always gone in the past. Got a tad lost in farm lands where dogs were chasing the truck and biting the tires. There really weren't many signs and we had never been up Mink Creek but oh well, we found what we were looking for anyway.
There really is some fun to be had up in the mountains, walking/hiking in the snow searching for the perfect tree- just don't count on many more branches than Charlie Brown's tree- and then having a little hot soup out of a thermos! It was lots of fun! Ginger always makes it more fun too- she loves to pounce through the snow!
That night I of course had to start the Christmas decorations that always take me the rest of the weekend to finish. But it's all worth it, right!!! The only thing I dread are the lights on the tree.
I love my village. Thank you Jo for helping me get it going over the last few years. I decided it would be easier not to put in under the Christmas tree this year. Taylor can reach the furniture it is on but she is doing pretty well with the self control. I am sure she will start to test my strictness though.
Brody did a great job on the outside lights. He scared me to death up on the roof! I wouldn't leave the ground beneath him- I told him I'd catch him!
K so I have to post this picture too. I am so mad- this is the only picture of Thanksgiving day we got. This is the first picture we have ever gotten with all the girl grandchildren on my mom's side.
Taylor- "um, get off me", Ellie- BORED, Carly- "I'm a Princess", Kayla- ya, a bit mad
10 comments:
The tree looks so cute. What a fun thing to do every year and for Mink Creek you will got the dogs that chase you up. Trent, Cort and I go up there all the time camping.
I love your tree! It is perfect! Chad wants to start cutting down our tree next year. I have never done it before. I bet it will be fun. And all the little girls in the picture are adorable!
Your tree looks great that is a fun tradition. Brinton was just excited that we got a prelit tree this year! Taylor is so cute... Hope all is well!
Hey, is that village Dept 56? I LOVE those things! My sister has the Dept 56 "north pole" set, and she has over thirty pieces! (she's been collecting for a LONG time!). And my mom has teh dept 56 "holy land" (nativity) set, and she has 4 pieces. They're really neat. And I LOVE your tree. it's perfect! I can't wait to go chop ours down!
Yes, Dept. 56 has the best looking Christmas Village pieces! I love it so much. I just love to sit and look at it!
I love every single picture on this page!!!!!!! Your tree looks beautiful. (Guess years of watching mom and her maticulous lights on the tree have been passed down.) Love ya!
I love your tree! so many lights. It always looks so good and cheerful! That picture of the girls is so cute too. They are funny. I love the one of Taylor on Brody's back too. It sounds like you guys had a pretty good time.
How fun..Travis said he wants to go with you guys next year...
What a fun tradition! The tree looks good, and Tay looks precious in her Christmas outfit.
I hate lights on real trees! My poor hands feel it the next day. We just have a fake little 4 foot this year (sad). I love Christmas and how it brings family and friends together. Merry Christmas Ashley! I'm so glad we could reconnect on here.
Post a Comment