Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Friend Don

Can't sleep. All I can think about is a friend of mine who passed away today (Tuesday). I used to work with him but he was more than a project manager at the company I worked for, he was a friend and one who I looked up to often.

This is just a fun picture I look at from time to time to remember some of the awesome experiences I had with my "Team Wadman". I am so proud I was able to be apart of something so BIG and so GOOD! Don White is in the front row on the left (only picture I had of him). What a strong and dedicated man! He's just one of those teddy bears that give great hugs and always make you smile! This picture was during a Leadership Breakthrough training course with Rapport where I can remember specific moments when Don lifted me (spiritually and literally) and taught me. He will be missed.

I wish it did not have to be so sad to loose loved ones. I know it is not the end though. I am so thankful to KNOW I will be with my family forever. I love my daughter and my husband so very very much. I know that my Savior died for me and that he was resurrected so that we can all have eternal life. What a blessing it is to have a knowledge of the truth and be a member of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

5 comments:

Amylee said...

Amen!
I hope you will feel some peace.

Trent and Steph said...

He will be greatly missed by all that he touched. Now it is time to try and heal. I know I will never forget all the great times I have had with him. Today is still a hard day here at work, but I know we will all make it through.

Brittany said...

Hey Ash. Sorry I didn't get to see you today. It's still hard to believe about Don. But at least there's a strong support system at Wadman, and we know this is only the end for now, not forever.

Kristina said...

I am so sorry, and so sorry for the whole family. It is great to know, this isn't the end.

Britnee said...

I miss you too. I would love to see you soon. Thanks for the wonderful thoughts you posted on Don.