Monday, June 8, 2009

The latest going ons...

I guess we have been pretty busy lately. Every year when summer hits there are always numerous projects we want to get going on such as the following:
Brody's shed (I finally told him he had better get it started)

Looks like we are in a money pit with it since there is still no siding, ha, ha, ha. There is a door though- which I painted last week. Oh well, it will hopefully be done by next month. Now at least Brody has space to organize everything that has been thrown in the garage. Also, now I can start working on Taylor's new room (painting and what not). This has been on my mind lately because I am way excited to do her new room all girly and start getting the baby's nursery ready!
Back to the shed- here is a picture of Ginger's new abode. She still sleeps inside at night because I am sure she would just whine and howl all night annoying the neighbors. So glad she has some shade during the day now.
Speaking of shade. Like our little tree we planted? It's a maple so we won't be getting much shade for a few years. We planted a Sycamore on the other side of the yard which is smaller but will probably give us some shade sooner since it grows quicker. Still- in 7 years that will be great! Yeah for some trees:)

Our yard is finally coming together. It has been fun to plant a garden again this year and have flower beds. Brody decided he wanted to do roses in this one in the back. The climbing roses are gong to be cool, one day, and I am excited to see how the other roses look. My request was a lavender colored rose- my favorite:) Oh, then our other fun project was this brick walkway in front of the roses. Brody wanted just concrete and we butted heads about it forever. I wanted the brick or cobblestone pathway, he of course just didn't want to do it. But I guess I got my way and it's all done now- I always help him I don't see what the big deal is!!! We both love it though!

This one I just had to take of the little birdies nest and eggs in one of the hanging pots. I thought it was really sweet but now it's just hard to keep watered and ALIVE and I worry every time the wind blows, 'bout every night, if the eggs/baby birds are going to fall out. As of today, all four babies are still in there.

Rambling continued...
Other things that are on my mind lately (or just tonight): how in the world do I settle down my toddler in a tantrum, Taylor can be such a stinker but I love her to pieces,
Island Park- 4 day get away coming up:),
why do I have such a hard time waking up before Taylor gets up at 8 am- I really want to wake up earlier but I just can't make myself do it so I'm blaming it on pregnancy!
did I mention decorating my kids' rooms (this is stressing me too because I am so not talented in interior design but I want something fun and nice),
scrap booking- oh man I am so behind,
I hate allergies,
air conditioning feels so good, especially when your pregnant and it's been broken in your 1 year old home until last Friday,
and last but not least of all- BABY boy NAMES! Everyone has been asking if we have a name picked out and I say no- I/we are having a hard time with this one. Right now I like Aiden, Cameron, Riley, and there's a few more.
Note to self- Take more pictures!!! We hardly have any pictures from the last few months. I am sure we will do better now since it's summer and we do more activities. Although, we had a bar-b-q Saturday night with Travis, his girlfriend Vanessa, their 3 kids, and Koji and Tavia. Guess what? We did not take any pictures dang it. The kids were pretty funny to watch. Taylor had a blast with Brock and Zack and Vanessa's little girl. We miss our friends. It was good to get Trav and Koji together too since they have not seen each other for years.

3 comments:

The Jensens said...

Wow what a life you guys are having! It is so fun doing all those things. I sometimes miss it! I love to decorate, I have found this, It dosent matter what you do, you would be suprised how good everything looks when you are done. Just remember to group things in odds. 1,3s,5s and everything will look good and balanced.

Amylee said...

Talk about being busy!!! Wow, you two are so ambitious. Your house is so nice and the little things you are doing to it you will love.

As for tantrums- if you figure that one out, let me know.

Names for boys are harder than for girls, I swear it! We had a hard time with Will and with this one we've known what we were going to name her for a long time.

Andrea Wilson said...

Nice shed, Brod! Oh Gingy! Robin eggs? Hey that's a cool shot. Taytay, Aunt Annie loves ya! Miss you guys and love ya tons!!!!!!1