Friday, July 10, 2009

What? 4th of July come and gone already!

When I think about having 10 weeks left with this pregnancy I feel like time is going slow but when I think about how fast this year really is flying by then it makes me grateful that I still have 10 weeks because we are not quite ready for this baby yet. Taylor did just make a major change last night though. She spent her first night in her toddler bed in her new "big girl" room!

She has been playing in there for about a week since I painted it and got it mostly furnished- except for a few girly touches so I'll post pictures later. Poor thing cried a couple times after she had initially fallen asleep at 9 o'clock so I went in there to talk to her and she would go right back to sleep. I felt awkward making the decision yesterday and I really did not think she would do this good. It felt way weird putting my baby girl in her new room last night. She is such a sweetheart!
Now I will be able to get the little boy's room ready soon. Yah, we still don't have a name but here's the latest we are mulling over: Jackson (Jack) Carl Baird, Travis Malcolm Baird, Cameron James Baird, Logan Carl Baird, Hunter James Baird, or Riley James Baird. But who knows, it could completely change again in a month or two.

I am starting to get so excited though for this little guy! Everything seems to be going perfectly too- even though I am in and out of the doctor's office in 5 minutes to hear the heart beat and I have not had an ultrasound for almost 3 months. But Baby should weigh about 3 pounds and be around 16 inches long. As for me, I'm just concentrating on Not thinking about the labor too much. All along I have said I wanted to have this baby without an epidural and now I don't know how I can get myself committed, especially since I am not taking a lamose class. So dumb that the Brigham City Hospital does not offer a class so I would have to go to Ogden. But I don't want to go alone anyway since Brody works nights. That probably sounds like a dumb excuse and I'm sure Brody could just take off a few hours once a week for 3 weeks but I still don't want to drive to Ogden again when I will already be down there every Monday for appointments.

Anyway, onto a different subject. I was going to post some pictures of the 4th of July. We had a great day! When we woke up we drove the truck down to Pioneer Park to leave it for the fireworks that night. That was a great idea! Then we went to the cute 5 minute parade in Willard. Then they put on a carnival thing and that was fun for Taylor. Man, she did not like to wait in line though. At least we caught some pictures at her happy moments:

First ride on a pony! Oh, she loved this so much!

First time on a real ride!





The Brigham Fireworks were awesome! We had a perfect spot too in the back of our truck with a mattress and blankets all snuggled up. Taylor felt pretty special to be up late and eating popcorn with mommy and daddy while we waited for the fireworks to start. She even stayed awake the whole time this year!
I really enjoyed the 4th celebration this year. And it was so nice that it was not too hot! I am so thankful to live in this free country and so thankful for the brave men and women and have faught or are fighting to keep our country beautiful and free! A special thanks to my cousins husband Andrew who just left for Afghanistan last week. We love you and God Bless!

8 comments:

Amylee said...

10 weeks are going to FLY! Enjoy that Taylor while you can because you won't believe how your relationship will change when that little guy shows his face. Aren't we lucky to live in America? When you have family serving in the forces it totally changes everything!

OUR Coop said...

So I just have to comment on how cute Taylor is! She is just a doll. Sounds like your holiday was good! Post some pics of her room and the baby boys! I would love to see them:)

Les said...

Hi! I am sure you have more than enough people giving pointers about natural labor and delivery, etc., but if you want a listening ear (or email) or some book references or just plain moral support... email me! juddhaus@hotmail.com

Megan Passey said...

Hi! Looks like things are going well, I'm so happy you finally posted!! Anyway, I had Tafton with no painkillers and it was painful but only really bad for like ten or twenty minutes, once I got to start pushing it was so much better because I could focus on that rather than the pain. I'm going to have this one without anything too and hey they say the second baby comes faster than the first so it'll be even less to be worried about! Anyway, I hope things keep going well for you! TTYL

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

I can't believe you think you wanna have this baby without an epidural!! You're so brave!! My mom had all five of us that way, but she says it's only cuz that was the way to do it back then...and that if she were at that point in her life today...she would DEFINATELY get an epidural. I love the picture of Taylor riding the pony! And look at your cute belly! I wish we got to see you guys more. I still wanna see your house someday.
It really is a reality check when you move your kid to the big bed. And usually they surprise you at how well they do. Taylor is super cute!

Emily said...

I love her face on the ride! Kylie had the same face, but then 10 seconds later she wouldn't get off! I love this age, they are so cute! Good luck with the last 10 weeks, can't wait to meet the little guy.

Ashley said...

Yep, that's her famous "worried look". I swear she was not worried though. We just caught the pic. too early before she started laughing. And she has tears in her eyes because she did not want to wait in line for the ride- so impatient!

The Wangsgard's said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were so close to having your baby! That's so exciting. What happened to the name Rowdy? Just wondering?! Good luck with the decision on natural labor, I didn't have a class either because they weren't offering them at the time. Anyway, it is do-able but I do wish I had the class to teach me how to relax. Call me if you have ?'s. We still want to play with you guys. If you're in Ogden on Mondays call me and we can meet. We miss you guys.