
Brody and I have been wanting to watch "The Secret" together and finally did last night. I was privileged to participate in some amazing training while I worked for Wadman Corporation and had heard of this book and movie "The Secret". The Leadership I undertook from Rapport Leadership International was so life changing. It is still with me and I think about my experiences often, although, I have failed to fully use the tools I gained to better myself each and every day. In the past I have committed to some major goals to improve my thoughts and actions. Watching The Secret with Brody was a little bit of a slap in the face because I knew The Secret already, I just have not been truly living it and teaching it by example to those I love.
A few once again realizations:
*What is going on in my mind is what I am attracting
*If I keep thinking of what I don't want, I will attract more of it
*Thoughts CAUSE feelings, and I AM what I am feeling
*Find a different approach to what is through a different vantage point
*I am the only one that can create my reality and that can control how I am feeling
*If I want something I WILL visualize it!
*I think people, and me, think too much- we need to just go after what we want and not worry about the bad that could happen- because of course that will just attract those worries
All my life I feel I have been passionate about keeping a positive attitude- it's just harder to do than it is to think about. Even when it comes to worry. Worry serves NO PURPOSE. I believe it encourages insecurity. Everything about The Secret makes sense. If you have not read or seen The Secret- you must! Very inspiring!
So this got Brody and I really thinking about our future and that it can be whatever we want. Brody says "If you can dream it, you can do it". We are so thankful for what we have been blessed with. We have a beautiful baby girl who is perfectly healthy and strong, we are thankful for our home, our family, friends, and neighbors, we are thankful for our marriage and eternal family, for food on our shelves and clothes on our backs, to live in this free land and to be able to attain anything we desire. There is so much to be thankful for. We are also so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who gave His son to atone for our sins and die for each of us-individually- in order for us to have eternal life and happiness with Him again. The tears are flowing, but I feel so happy and enthused about my life right now and where we are going!!!
I will leave you with this quote by Christian D. Larsen- I read this often for inspiration- since I am so visual and I need reminders!
2 comments:
I also LOVE the Secret. Dallas and I watched it for the first time the Christmas after Will was born, and it has really changed our lives. After being aware of what I am thinking, and FEELING, it is easy to take my life to the place I want it. It gets easier everyday because it is so much more fun to see all of the good! Choose a happy life. That's all there is to it. My favorite quote from the movie is from Henry Ford and it says "Whether you think you can, or can not, either way, you are right."
Hmmm, it sounds like something I need to see. Thanks for sharing and for the reminders!
Post a Comment