Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference Weekend

Saturday Brody and I took my little brother to the sand dunes. Our friend Dustin came with us also. I know, we missed the first two sessions of conference on Satuday but at least Brody and Wade made it back for the Priesthood Session at 6 o'clock.

We had a lot of fun ridin'. No injuries- yeah! We want to hang out with Wade as much as we can before he goes on a mission. We always love to hang out with Turbo (Dustin) too! He always makes us laugh so much!

Little Taylor had to stay with Grandma though. I missed her all day.

We really enjoyed the sessions on Sunday. Elder Bednar spoke about prayer and how we as members have a responsibility to FIND investigators for full-time missionaries. I realized I need to be praying for missionary experiences and praying to SEE opportunities to invite people to church or to talk with missionaries. We had the missionaries over for dinner on Friday night. We love to have them in our home- they bring a special spirit. Of course so do babies!

President Monson is a very sweet man. We are excited to see where he will take the church. I was crying and laughing during his closing remarks in the afternoon session Sunday. I am thankful for a dear prophet like him.

All of my family had dinner at my parents house and celebrated Ethan's birthday as well. That evening we took a little walk with the kids. Taylor was so good all evening- she has been so pleasant lately! Ewe, I could just eat her up. Everyone wanted to cuddle with her. This is Uncle Blake and Tay. It was a little chilly. Where is the warm weather???

The other day we got the pictures back from our neighbor that he has taken the last couple of months. I was so excited. We love these pictures!




Photography by Ronald D. Hales

6 comments:

Maren said...

Ashley! Your family is so cute. I still can't believe everyone is having babies. I feel like most of my friends have at least one and going on two. I'm a little behind the game. It looks like you had a lot of fun this past weekend. I miss all the outdoor fun back in Utah! DC just doesn't have as much going on.

Trent and Steph said...

Ashley,
Love the pics. Trent and I need to get ours done. We haven't had them done since our wedding. Wow what a long time, almost 5 years.

Les said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, it is so nice to connect with you. Your daughter is darling! Isn't it funny how those blind dates work out sometimes? Fun, fun family you have. So random of randoms...Marc and Bonnie Wangsgard (well, Bonnie) are my cousins! I saw a comment from either you or your husband on their blog, and sure enough, there they are on your blog too. Small world. Don't you love those guys?

Kristina said...

What cute pictures. It seems you almost need new family pictures every 6 months because everyone changes. Leaving kids to go off for the day is always hard, hey Travis and I have only left the boys twice over night well Brock twice and Zackary onces and I had the hardet time. I have a hard time leaving them at all I feel guilt for leaving them when I was sick. Your vinyl is done I'll bring it tomorrow.

Amylee said...

What a cute family! I think Taylor looks JUST LIKE YOU! I also can't wait for Blake and Annie to have a little girl. I know what you mean about Monson. I love him so much, but I kept waiting for Pres. Hinckley to talk. It felt like someone was missing. I'm sure it will for awhile until we get used to it. Thank Heavens for a Prophet!

Jodi said...

Hey Ashley- I have actually looked at your blog before I just didn't send a comment because...well I don't really know why. It's so weird seeing people from high school on the blogs because that was such a different life. You don't realize how much changes when you grow up.