Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July fun!

We had a blast on the 4th! It has been a long time since my whole family has gotten together with my Dad's side of the family- the Johnsons. My uncle Wynn has a second home up in Providence, Utah so we joined them up there for swimming and a barbecue. I regret now not going out in the boat with my Johnson cousins. Some of them went to Cutler dam- an old irrigation ditch West of Logan- while we were swimming. I have not been water-skiing for a couple years now and I miss it. I think we will go with them again, or else- we actually just bought a way old boat that we think we might be able to water ski with up at Mantua. Brody and his brother just bought it so we will have to see how it pulls! Anyway, Friday swimming- Taylor did not have so much fun in the water. The water was even like 92 degrees and there were kids all around but she still cried. I think there was too much excitement. She is a little tender when it comes to commotion. So Taylor hung out on the grass with Ginger or else slept.


Isn't Ginger cute in her scarf! Taylor looked so sweet sleeping- in the shade by the pool- I had to take a picture. She was actually sweating but still slept about an hour.
We watched fireworks in Willard with Brody's parents. Taylor fell asleep during the loud fireworks. I couldn't believe it! Oh, she had a long day.
I am so thankful to live in the USA! I feel very lucky when I look at what I have and what so many others don't have, and don't even have the Opportunity to have. I am so thankful to live in this free country and feel, well, relatively safe. I cannot imagine how it would feel to not be able to give my little girl things that she needs. God bless the USA!

5 comments:

Makenzie said...

Ashley... it was great to hear from you I called Brinton and he thought that that was really cool!! I don't think he quite understands the blog thing yet! Your little girl is absolutely darling, such a sweetie. Brinton said that he thought that you were expecting again. If so that's great!! We are not quite ready for kids yet. We are having to much fun playing. We also love getting to spoil neices and nephews and then send them home!! BTW- I love the vampire series and can't wait until the new book comes out in August. I am definately on Team Edward!! Have you read The Host yet?? That is another book by Stephanie Meyer and it is really good too. Brinton said that you may want an update about us...(since I just started my blog and it doesn't have much info) We bought a townhouse in So. Ogden and love it there. Brinton is still just as crazy about snowmobiling and dirt biking..anything with a motor really!! I spend my time reading, scrapbooking, cleaning, and decorating our house. We are both pretty busy with our jobs as well. We enjoy together camping and movies. Anyway... That looks like a ton of typing!! Well talk to you soon! Makenzie

Amylee said...

God bless the USA! Amen! We were at the Kaysville parade this year and I started crying when the flag and the veterans passed. We really are so blessed.

The Wangsgard's said...

Glad to hear you had a great 4th. As for our house, yes Bill is our realtor and we love him. He has been so great and such a great help. He is also helping us with the Mtn Green house. Madi loves him too. It's pretty funny. We miss you guys and really need to play. Give me a call if you're around.

Trent and Steph said...

Looks like you guys had a fun 4th.

OUR Coop said...

Hey I didnt' go to the reunion because Chad was at work and I didn't want to come by myself. But now I wish I had come. I heard it was a lot of fun. It would have also been fun to see everyone.