Monday, July 28, 2008

"Date Night" and other Firsts

Brody and I came home from our date on Saturday to a surprise. I was a little nervous to leave Taylor with a babysitter for the first time but Brody and I really wanted to go and see "The Dark Knight", without Taylor so I could actually enjoy it. I think everything went ok other than the babysitter had to deal with a bit of a blowout diaper just before we got home. Oh, and the babysitter said she had to put up the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs because Taylor was climbing the stairs! So Taylor must have been determined that Brody and I were upstairs and she was not staying down there with the babysitter anymore. This was her first time climbing stairs and it is so weird that I was not there to see it. Well, we have seen her plenty other times since Saturday. She cannot get enough! I have been letting her though because it is funny to watch. Here is a picture at Grandma Jo's yesterday- Brody caught her taking off up the stairs again!

Brody and I had a good time on our date. Wait, other than when we got out of the show and realized someone hit our bumper leaving a nice long scratch. Of course they did not have the guts to leave a note so now we have no idea who to harass. Just kidding, but seriously...Some people!!! Oh well. We really enjoyed the movie though. Everyone has been saying how amazing Heath Ledger's performance was and I agree. He played the joker very well, gave me chills.


View of gorgeous sunset on the way home to Brigham. It has been too long since Brody and I watched a sunset together. How peaceful it is to witness such beauty that our Heavenly Father creates for us everyday.
I love my husband very much. He is my best friend. I am so thankful to be loved by such an amazing man and father. What a wonderful dad he is too to little Taylor. Brody always knows how to make me smile and laugh. I am so glad he knows how to have fun and just be silly at times. Taylor and I miss him when he goes to work- and I hate it that he still works swing shift. Last Wednesday Taylor and I went to Bountiful with my family for their 24th celebration. We missed Dad of course all day.
I had been feeding Taylor some cotton candy and ate some so I think my teeth are pink in this picture!

5 comments:

Amylee said...

Watch out! She's going to take off right before your eyes. How exciting. I loved Batman, too!

Brittany said...

It's nice to have date nights once in a while. Sorry you missed her first escape attempt! I can't believe she's already climbing!

Aimee Geddes said...

I'm so happy you guys got to go on a date! I always does wonders for the marriage to get out alone, good for you guys. That's cool that she is working on stairs now, but too bad you missed it. now you really have to watch out!

Megan Passey said...

She is so cute! I think she looks a lot like you. Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun!

Andrea Wilson said...

Ash, cute pics. I love the sunset one and wish sometimes that we lived there too. I love you. I feel like I need my sisters so bad right now. (I know, just the emotional rollercoaster after a baby.) Call me and let's talk. Love ya!