Thursday, October 9, 2008

More Jackson Pictures


Don't all the tourists have to get a picture in front of the Antlers? We never have so I felt it was a must!

The water is GLASS! I wanted to water ski soooo bad!

Cascade Canyon- looking up at Mt. Teewinot. This picture turned out pretty nice I must say.
The back side of the Tetons. The colors were so beautiful up in this basin.
Brody- he was prepared with the can of Bear Mace that of course was not needed, luckily I guess.

We were so close to Lake Solitude (7 miles from the boat dock) but we had to turn around so we could make it back to the dock to catch the last boat across Jenny Lake. Five years ago we made it about this far as well and that time we knew we were going to miss the boat but we had to turn around or else we would have been hiking back in the dark. One of these trips we will plan better and hike to the Lake and maybe even further. Then we'll really be in bear country!

5 comments:

Kristina said...

OH MY HELL.. you guys are CRAZY!! just reading that about you even being that close to bear country, FREAKS me out.
Well you'll never see me on that hike with you. What's funny is I've hiked that before, for girls camp, and was fine. Somewhere along the line my fear of bears has taken over most mountain outdoor fun. I'll just enjoy the pictures, that's as far as you'll see me..lol..
I can't believe Taylor will be one tomorrow. I remember coming to see her, when she was only a half hour old, and now she'll be one.

Trent and Steph said...

That looks like a lot of fun and it is so beautiful. I am glad you guys had a good time.

Megan Passey said...

That looks like a good time! I wish we had time to go hiking, we went up Wheeler Canyon a while ago and that was fun.

Happy Birthday Taylor by the way!

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Looks like someone has a gift for photogrophy! Who took those pictures towards the top of this post? AWESOME. And yeah, it IS beautiful. We'll seriously have to get together one day and go on another back-breaking death hike!.....I think 2 1/2 years is enough time to have gotten over it. Now I'm actually convincing myself that was fun!....It was....I think. See you at Jo's for New Years if nothing else!

Camille said...

I loved looking at your blog! I found it via the Wansgards, via the Laings! We have one too if you care to visit it, http://thehenrie7.blogspot.com/
I can't believe you have been married for five years! It seems like yesterday Brody brought you over on a date to our house! Wow, time sure flies! Your daughter is adorable!
Camille Henrie