My husband is my hero. I am so thankful for a wonderful husband who is the best at: being a daddy, making us smile, fixing ANYTHING, being sweet and silly, cuddling and kissing, protecting, comforting, and serving others. We learn more about each other everyday. 5 years has gone by fast and we have spent some fun times and rough times together. We are so happy to have a little baby girl too and can't wait to make our family bigger!
Brody and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary last Wednesday. Actually we didn't really start the celebration, since Brody worked all day and night, until Thursday when we left for Jackson Hole, WY. This is one of our favorite vacation spots, and also where we honeymooned! What a beautiful and relaxing weekend it was.
Thursday we had planned on going on the Alpine slides after eating out at "Billy's" but come to find out, they closed the slides a week before. We couldn't believe it! So Brody humored me for an hour or so while we shopped! We found Taylor the cutest onsie to bring home to her. Then we headed up into Grand Teton National Park to camp for one night at Signal Mountain.
Mount Moran
We found the perfect camp spot at Signal Mountain
After a cold night under a clear sky in our tent we got up to go drive through Yellowstone Park- hoping to get lucky this time and see a bear. But, no. We haven't seen a bear in a few years up there. We took the pictures that day with our 35 mm camera and I have not gotten the film developed yet but I will post pictures when I do.
Friday and Saturday night we stayed at a condo in Teton Village. We had a blast going out to dinner, playin' games, and going to bed early. But dang, I never sleep as good as I do at home in my own comfy bed. Saturday we went on a long hike up Cascade Canyon. We took the boat across Jenny Lake. Starting this hike at 11 am was not early enough because we had to be back down to the dock by 4 pm to catch the boat back. So, unfortunately we did not make it to Solitude Lake again but we still hiked 13 miles in 5 hours. Yes, I am pretty sore today. Guess my Turbo Jam work-outs and walks weren't enough to get me in shape.
I will have to post more pictures of the hike. Cascade Canyon is beautiful!
Sunday we left early to come home because we missed little Taylor. Thanks to Brody's parents and my mom for watching her. We picked Taylor up at my grandparents house in Snowville where my mom had stayed with her. My grandpa said he thinks we should make a trade for her and was willing to give me 4 ducks, 2 sheep, and 3 horses! I love my grandparents. They are the most honest and good people I could ever know. Taylor had a great time with them too. I don't think she even missed us while we were gone.
This was a much needed vacation but it is good to be home now. Miss you Jackson!
What gorgeous mountains! I can't get enough!
10 comments:
Five years! Congratulations! Time away from the kid is always such a relief isn't it? ....and then it starts to get stressful again cuz you haven't seen 'em in so long (which is really like a couple days).
Happy late Anniversary. Time goes so fast.
Happy Anniversary! You're lucky to have a September anniversary; it is the best month of the year.
Very nice Anniversary! Tons of fun, thank you for the HOT weekend, (hehehehe). It's kinda scary how alike we are, but so much fun to be had all the time. Thank you Ash for the fun weekend. After all that's going on with the house, trips like this make me want to do sooo much more for us and our family. Love you hunny!!!
Brody.
ps.. Ya, this is my first post hope this turns out good. (hehehe)
Awww, that's sweet (the celebration and the post from Brody.) I'm glad you guys were able to have a little getaway. Happy 5 years!
Has it realy been 5 years. Dang! time flys. Those pictures you took are awsome. I made me miss the good old days going to bear lake and your cabin. Love you guys, Cade.
Hey we have the same anniversary (except we're 2004-ers)! Happy anniversary day. It looks like you guys had a great trip. We went to Jackson last year around our anniversary and it was so beautiful. I'm glad to see your pictures so I can vicariously be there again!
ps-sorry about never getting back to you about hiking! Things have been so crazy and I haven't quite been up to it. Darn. Let's raincheck!
Happy Anniversary! You two have made such an adorable little family.
Happy Anniversary. You can thank me and Travis..lol.. hey just think if it wasn't for Travis and I having this great idea to set you guys up. We are so happy that we set you two up because now it's been 5 years and a little girl later, and you two are so happy... Happy Anniversary. That is great you got get away for a few days, I wish we could do that.
Seriously you need to frame that pic of Moran Bay. Blake says it doesn't even look real the water is so perfect and the reflection!
Post a Comment