Monday, September 22, 2008

My Little Sweetheart


Taylor has been especially sweet lately. We have been making a few changes with her so it has surprised me that she has been so pleasant. First of all I have been weaning her from the bottle for the past month or so. She is down to her sippy cup for breakfast, lunch, snack time, and dinner, and then gets a bottle in the evening. It's gone pretty well. She would only fuss with her sippy every once in awhile with the first meal. Then last week we cut back to one nap a day because she was really seeming like she wasn't tired till almost 11:30. So ever since she started napping from noon to 1:30 or 2:00 pm she has been more happy. You would think an hour and half is not enough for her I know, I still wonder myself, but she also sleeps 12 hours at night still so she must be getting enough.
I love being a mommy so much and Brody takes such good care of us. He loves to rock Taylor to sleep and just snuggle with her. Usually when he is the one to put her down for a nap he ends up falling asleep in the rocking chair with her. Last night I filmed him reading her a story when putting her to bed. It was so precious. She loves books.

We miss daddy at night during the week. I wish he could get on day shift.
I am very thankful that I can stay at home with Taylor. She is so fun. I love to listen to her talk gibberish and growl! That is her new thing. I think she was getting the kids in trouble behind us during sacrament meeting yesterday. They kept whispering, "say it" and then she would growl. It is hard not to laugh!
Our other favorite thing that Taylor does right now is "charge" while she is crawling. Whenever she goes full speed ahead she puts her head down. She used to fall on her face when she first started doing this. Brody says "Ramming Speed!". I have got to get it on camera.
On a side note, we finally started the sprinkler system project last weekend. My brother in law Blake came to help. Annie and the kids came out too. Taylor had so much fun playing with the boys all day. They would have her just bustin' up laughing. Oh, I love to hear her laugh like that! The boys even helped Brody and Blake and I digging trenches.

Well, Tyce helped a little more than Paden. This is Paden playing in the rain.
Thanks again Ann and Blake for the help, and coming out to see us! Brody still has a lot of work to finish on the sprinklers but we are getting there. We were also able to check "Concrete" off of our list. The patio and dog run/shed pad was poured last Friday. I can't wait to finish the yard. Brody needs a break. We are planning on getting sod next week when we get back from Jackson. Hopefully all goes well.

5 comments:

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

I can't wait to see your house! We're really gonna have to plan a trip down to see you guys! Taylor is sure growing up! She's absalutely adorable!

Trent and Steph said...

Taylor is getting so big so fast. She is adorable. I am glad you are starting to get the yard done.

Cam said...

Just thought I'd remind in case you forgot. Thursday is The Office Season Premier!

Ashley said...

oh, I know and I am going to have to wait till Sunday to watch it. So excited though!

Kristina said...

Hey sorry we didn't make it up there on Saturday. As you can read on our blog that our weekend ended up being a little more crazy then we thought. Call us and we can help finish up the yard.... Taylor has grown so much and it hasn't even been that long since we saw you guys.
lets us know if you need help.