Soon after Labor Day I always start getting real excited for the fall. You know it is on its way when Football Season begins and the weather changes- I love the smells in the air during the fall. So I got to thinking about this summer and truly what a wonderful summer is has been. Not because we have been on vacations and done a lot of things away from home (because we haven’t) but because of all the new experiences and emotions in our lives. This was the first summer of our family of three and it has been unforgettable. Here are some of our precious moments:
- Moving out to Brigham City of course- It is perfect here for us and our growing family
- Being there for my younger bro. when he received his mission call to Portland, OR
- Laughing everyday with Taylor and watching her grow and change so much
- Decorating the inside of our new home
- Going down to "Good Things Utah" with friends and family to meet Stephenie Meyer and getting an autographed copy of "The Host"
- This was my summer of reading- I have never been much of a reader until I finally decided to read to the "Twilight" Saga this summer
- Meeting two tiny additions to the Liljenquist family- baby Pack and baby Wilson
- Seeing Kaden and Kalie Baird (Brody's nephew and niece that live in Virginia) for a couple weeks
- Spending time with the whole Baird clan up to the family cabin in Island Park
- Taking Taylor swimming to the pool and lake for her first times
- Witnessing Wade bear his amazing testimony and sending him off on a mission
- Many walks with Taylor in our quiet neighborhood
- First summer with air conditioning- awwww!
- Rodeos and Parades with family and friends
- Taylor's first fireworks
- Four wheeling in Island Park
It is kinda weird that Brody and I have not even spent one night in a tent this summer. Every other summer we have spent traveling, sight seeing/exploring, camping, hiking, etc. We actually will be going camping in a couple weeks in Jackson Hole and we can't wait to get away. Still there have been many fun and memorable moments with friends (some new, some old) and family! Now I am looking forward to fall for the following reasons: starting landscaping out here- yeah, Taylor's Birthday, Anniversary time, watching the colors change on the leaves, Halloween, oh, and the "Twilight" movie will be in theaters November 21st!!!! Eeeeeeeee, he, he, he!!!!
Alright... That's a Wrap!
9 comments:
Wow, I can't believe summer is coming to an end. It seems like it went way to fast.
Ashley-- It sounds like you guys had an amazing summer. I wish we could have come up and played this summer..maybe gone camping! I am so glad you found my blog. Parker and Heather have one too..the link is on my blog. I love seeing the updated pictures of Taylor..boy has she grown. What a stinkin cutie pie! I love it :) Tell Brody we say Hi and give Tay a big kiss for us :)
Looks like you've had lots of fun! I miss having you here at work, but you're lucky you get to stay home with your little cutie!
How do you put the music on your blog?
Your slide show is so cute! I love all the pictures. Talyor is growing up so fast. I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow for Addie's Birthday! You may be excited for Fall, but it is one of the saddest times of the year for me, that means summer is over and winter is coming. I am glad you like it though. It makes me believe that summer coming to an end at least has some merit. :) See you Friday.
Love the pics Ash. I love FALL too, and I can't wait for Halloween and football games and Taylor's b-day and the cooler temps. and and and and . . .
I think that the cartoon clip that baby Tay is 5 months looks like her! :)
Oh my... that is a birthday ticker- and the date was wrong and so it said she was 5 months. I fixed it. I had to read what you wrote Ann like 5 times. I could not figure out what the heck you were saying! (: LOL (:
Ashley, Wow, how fun to read your blog, my friend is starting hibernation, but I love fall also. Taylor is beautiful and I am so glad we got to see you family, Love Bekah
I am so glad you found us on the blog! I don't update mine nearly enough but I do try! You're little Taylor is such a doll. We wish we lived alot closer to family so we could see the little ones like Taylor grow up. If we end up moving back to Utah area instead of Idaho I'll have to get your phone number! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment