Well I guess she doesn't look too happy in this picture, but I think she was having fun.
Later we headed over to the fair to see some steers and pigs and other farm animals.
I forgot to take a picture of my cousin Carson's pig- Taylor started screaming during the second row of chunks. I guess a bunch of large, grunting and squealing animals right at eye level might scare a baby. We checked out the steers and bucket cow that my other cousins Rhett and Trevyn were showing as well. Oh, but I think my favorite was these guys. Almost disturbing these hens are don't you think?
Poor things!!!
Taylor's favorite was the pony- of course I am sure of this!
Isn't it every little girls fantasy to have a pony. Well it used to be mine but I think I also wanted to BE a horse. Yah, not anymore just in case you were wondering. It is still my dream though to give Taylor a horse and get her into barrel racing. Live my dream at least through my child's eyes right!
Right after this Taylor decided to come unglued just as I got in line for food. Brody was off getting his own. Good thing we found cousins and grandma Kris to help mom and divert some of Taylor's attention from whatever it was that she was pissed about. I'm sure I was very amusing as I was juggled a stroller, drink, and plate of my Navajo Taco- Delicious, but not worth $10.
The first night of the rodeo is Bulls, Broncs, and Barrels only. Oh, and mutt n' bust of course- very fun to watch. Almost as entertaining as Chubb's brother Randy Munns- Rodeo Clown. Box Elder County always puts on an awesome rodeo. Taylor ended up being very good the entire rodeo which went til' 10 o'clock. Very late for miss "early to bed, early to rise".
Brody and I (more Brody since I am with Taylor 24/7) are still adjusting to the dilemmas a baby can bring to situations. It's "all good" though. Like a couple weekends ago was really hard to be up to the cabin with all of Brody's family in a tiny cabin and nowhere for her to crawl around. Or having to sell our four wheeler and dirt bike. The adjustments in our lives are definitely worth it, no doubt. We love Taylor so much. Everyday she brings so much joy and laughter into our home- even when she is moody. We want to have a big family someday so I am sure we will get better at dealing with the drama and public tantrums.
8 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun time at the fair. Hope you have a great weekend.
Isn't it funny how the things you think you just "have to have" suddenly become so insignificant after you have a child? I'm glad you don't want to be a horse anymore! Ha!
Taylor is getting so big. Is that red hair like her Dad's in the picture or is it just the lighting? What a cuttie. We miss you guys too. You guys are in the perfect area if you want to give Taylor a horse some day.
The fair! I always think of Templeton on Charlotte's Web and want to sing that song in my head....do you know what I'm talking about? We took Caleb to Baby Animal Days a few months ago and he seemed to do the same good some times and not so good other times.
Do you still want to hike sometime?
yes, totally. Except I don't know were we could go. I could come up there if you know of a cool place. We haven't really found a great trail around Brigham yet.
You saw Nat and Chris? Cool. She's due at the beginning of September, so we're thinking any day now. I think she's starting to wonder if the little guy will ever come.
I'm so glad you guys found our blog! I'm putting you on as soon as I'm done typing this comment. You know, it's been two years since Caleb was born and in some ways I still feel like we're adjusting to having a child. They keep you busy don't they?! Brody looks awesome in the cowboy hat! Nothing like county fairs! Hope to see you guys soon! Keep in touch!
Heather
Notice the free-flying hair on Tay.
Post a Comment