Sunday, January 11, 2009

Over the river and through the woods...

Yes, to grandmothers house we went! (Two weeks ago actually but I am very slow with the updates here)
My mothers parents are the only grandparents Brody and I have left and we cherish every moment we get with them.

Taylor was so cute climbing this chair and Grandma loved singing to her in the kitchen while grandpa fed her fudge! I took the best video of Taylor and Grandma Janice- she was bouncing Tay on her knee and singing some funny danish song! My grandma is so cute! I love her to death and I just love to hear her sing. And Brody and I couldn't get over how sweet and helpful my grandpa is. He kept asking her, "what can I do for ya mom", and of course grandma would say back, "nothing dear you just sit down"! They are just so loving and caring, I love it!

Our stay like always was very memorable, exciting, and somewhat relaxing- but more AFTER Taylor's bedtime! Ya, they have an old wood burning stone so I was constantly holding my breath afraid that Taylor would fall and touch it. Then there are of course all the knick knacks Grandma Janice has around- and everything is breakable- so I followed behind her saying "no, no Tay" pretty much all day! It still was so fun just to be out there though to watch football, eat lots of yummy food, visit, laugh, and SEE Tom Hanks! Yeah, I got to see a celebrity- and in Snowville, UT of all places! (Think he was heading back from Sun Valley, ID) It was the day we headed out there. Brody needed to feed his addiction- Coke- so we stopped at Flying J. As we pulled in I almost knew it was him walking out to his Lexus SUV with a drink in his hand. Brody heads into the convenience store and I watch the SUV drive over to get gas. What an IDIOT I am- Why did I not take a picture while I was just sitting there? But I kept thinking, "I wonder if that is really him...". Then Brody comes out with a smile on his face just as Tom Hanks is done filling up. Oh, I was so mad! I wish I could have said something to him. Well anyway, that's my story of seeing a famous actor in Snowville.
The other exciting time spent up to the Frandsen's was the Sugar Bowl! Was that not an awesome game! It is always more fun for me to watch football at my grandpa's house too! And I don't care too much about football, but that was an entertaining game!
I miss Grandma and Grandpa right now. They don't live too far away but I wish we would see them more often. Tomorrow grandpa is going down to SLC for a post surgery appointment on his glaucoma. Poor guy is having so much pain lately and has been worried he could loose sight in the one eye they did surgery on. He and grandma are in my prayers. We are so thankful for them in our lives. They are the most kind and selfless people we know.

Thank Heaven for Grandparents!!!

8 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

Glad you guys had a good time at the grandparents.

Amylee said...

Amen! Heck, without ours we'd be homeless!!!!

These pictures and memories will be treasured forever.

Kandyce said...

Grandparents are the best huh? I know I'll appreciate them even more when I have my own family. The pics of your fam are soo cute!

Emily said...

Don't you just want to hang onto those wonderful memories forever??? Aren't you glad that we get to? I hope you guys are doing good, we need to get together soon.

Brittany said...

I agree, grandparents are the best! And I also agree, their houses tend to be the least baby friendly because they have so many precious things that the little ones can't resist!

Danielle said...

Your little girl is adorable. You guys look like you're doing awesome! I'm glad we connected on Facebook - it's good to see you. Blogs are the best for getting up to date on someone. Next time your down South we should get together.

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

Thanks for the Blog comments you left me! We have definitely enjoyed our 2 1/2 years of marriage WITHOUT kids we've just been ready for a LONG time to get them here!

Aimee Geddes said...

sounds like a fun time you had at your grandma's. Your family is so cute. Addie has the same shirt as Taylor, funny huh! We should take pictures of them together in their matching shirts.