Thursday, October 14, 2010

Autumn in Island Park and Jackson... and Happy Anniversary babe!

A couple weeks ago we were able to head up north for about 8 days. What a fun and relaxing vacation. Wow, we are so blessed to live in such a beautiful land and so close to breathtaking mountains and scenery.


The colors were very beautiful, not quite to their peak of color so sadly I guess I did not feel compelled to snap many pictures of leaves and get a good one to share. Every morning I woke up before the fam, snuck out of the cabin to go walking or running and wow, was that peaceful. Some great time for solitude, self reflection, and Life Vision time!
Is this not the most gorgeous sight ever! We went on a beautiful, fairly long, drive from Ashton to Flag Ranch (North of Jackson Lake). Finally coming into Grand Teton National Park was a much awaited sight. It had been a couple years since we had seen the Tetons from this side. Love, love, love it! Can't wait for Epic next year too! Another goal I have is to climb to one of the Teton Summits. Next year baby!
Jackson HoleFor some reason it is just fun to walk around the shops in Jackson Hole. I don't know? A tad tempting to spend money :)

Well we had to at least show Taylor some cool things like "Big Foot" and this bear. She got a kick out of that.


Hike to Hidden Falls
Taylor... whoa, can you just see the fire cracker in her eyes! We packed the kiddos again in the backpacks. Funny thing- Taylor was extremely social that day, saying hi to every one we passed. Funny that people were so impressed with our load too. Not really that bad actually. But I better be gettin in shape somehow for packin 30 pounds of hiking/climbing gear on my back.
And there they are. My favorite hike that Cascade Canyon!

Of course we did lots of 4 wheeling!

This-> is on top of Sawtelle Peak







<-This is almost on top of Two Top





Brody loves to fish
We let him get lots of time in fishin'.














Usually I just stayed at the cabin and read while the kids took a nap, but other times we found things to do while we watched him fish like...









Singing songs together, going for walks (with bear mace mind you),







just sittin around talkin- Taylor makes me laugh at the funny things she says (again a mental note that I need to write things down that she says),

Or then there was driving lessons for Cam LOL. Crazy kid!
Happy Anniversary! 7 years! And it was 7 years ago that we came to Jackson Hole for our Honeymoon.
Love this cute guy right there! He is such a hard worker for our little family. Brody is an example to me of perseverance, friendship, loyalty, and Genshai (a secret word I learned about recently) which means "to never treat another in a manner that would make them feel small. I look up to you honey. I am so thankful you are mine, FoReVeR! Lets keep growing together and learning more about how to love each other and others every day.
Thank you honey for another fun trip! And thank you Grandpa Baird for this wonderful cozy cabin. We love it up here. After 8 days Brody wanted to stay... me, I was a little ready to go home, but missed it as soon as we left. To more adventures next year!

2 comments:

Amylee said...

Wow, Ash! I feel like I just read for an hour about your family :). You guys have such great adventures and so much fun family time. They are so cute. Cameron has turned into the cutest little guy- so so handsome. You are so positive and I always love reading what you have to say. Keep it up. You are a great example to me.

Emily said...

I can't believe Taylor wasn't scared to death and didn't pee her pants when she stood next to that Big Foot! lol Hope you are all doing well! Miss you guys tons!